CHM New Faculty Orientation
Welcome to the College of Human Medicine at Michigan State University.
In the fall of each year we conduct an orientation program specifically designed for the College of Human Medicine faculty.
Mark your calendar for this year's session!
Friday, October 6, 2017
Red Cedar Room, Kellogg Center
The College of Human Medicine's New Faculty Orientation Program was developed from a recommendation in the Faculty Excellence Task Force Final Report. The overall goal of this program is to supplement University and departmental activities in preparing new CHM faculty for their academic roles. Specifically, the goals of the new Faculty Orientation Program are:
- to provide a brief introduction to the College and University
- to interact with College and University leaders and resource people
- to identify and explain expectations for retention, promotion and tenure for different CHM faculty types
- to become aware of College and University resources
- to discuss topics and issues of interest to participants
We have created a document of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for new faculty that can be downloaded here.